Twitter Updates

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What I'm not doing

A couple of my coworkers have decided to undertake the huge and daunting task of writing a book(s). One each, respectively. They are pretty awesome writers and I'm sure they'll do great. I, however, am making the official announcement as of right this moment that I have decided to NOT write a book.

YAY!

Why, you ask? Well, seeing as I can't even write a blog to save my life, I figure trying to come up with literally TENS of pages of cohesive awesomeness that would even slightly intrigue my would-be reader is most likely outside the scope of my ability. Thus, I shall not write a book.

The only way I could possibly pull something like that off is if I wrote a book of poetry. I hate poetry. I like songs, but that's like poetry with music. Poetry without music is dumb. To me, anyway. You can have your own opinion, but mine is the only one I care about in this particular matter.

So there.

No book, no cry.

No
Book
No
Cry

10 comments:

Steven Latham said...

GRAMMAR ALERT: There is a split infinitive at the end of your first paragraph.

You may want to clear that up BEFORE not writing your book...

The Sobie said...

No. I split my infinitives wherever the crap I want to.

The Sobie said...

Plus, I put it in all caps, effectively negating the split infinitive.

Holla!

Steven Latham said...

A split infinitive is useful for providing a literary stress effect, in which case this would be a permissible example.

Maybe you should reconsider deciding to NOT [sic] write a book!

Anonymous said...

The American Heritage® Book of English Usage, A Practical and Authoritative Guide to Contemporary English, and I quote:

"The only rationale for condemning the construction [split infinitive] is based on a false analogy with Latin. The thinking is that because the Latin infinitive is a single word, the English infinitive should be treated as if it were a single unit. But English is not Latin, and people split infinitives all the time without giving it a thought. Should we condemn compound infinitives, such as I want to go and have a look, simply because the infinitive have has no to next to it?"

Steven Latham said...

OK. Thanks for your sense of humor.

Anonymous said...

grammer is not funny

Anonymous said...

Neither is grammar, Anonymous. Dang, I schooled all ya'll!

Steven Latham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steven Latham said...

Don't you mean "y'all" (as in "you all") instead of "ya'll" (as in...well, nothing at all)?

I love irony.

It's just a hunch, but I bet anonymous misspelled grammar intentionally.

I love irony.

Humor, too.