Twitter Updates

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Things to do on a Thursday.

Thursdays, the post-hump day. What to do? Well, depending on your circumstances, your options may be limitless. Me, I have to work. So my options are A) Work. B) Don't work. While option B is much more appealing, option A pays me. And I gots to get paid.

If you have off on Thursdays, like one pastor-friend-guy I know, you could opt to do schoolwork, like he did, but the range of options opens up greatly with no work on Thursdays. You could go for a drive, eat a pizza (which I could do here at work, too, but these are tough economic times, so I will opt for leftovers and a frozen dinner for lunch. I decided this as a result of having options.), or anything else you want to do.

Options are limitless.

Now, after Thursday comes Friday, but I want to focus here on one Friday in particular. This Friday is 10/31/08, or Halloween. This is a very special day this year. Not because it's a pagan holiday or because my church is doing a great community service by holding a fall festival for community kids. This will be awesome, but not as awesome as the other event taking place this day: a chili cook-off at my work. Thousands upon thousands of people (read: about 12) will be bringing their chili A-game this day to battle it out with their coworkers for the title of "best chili maker at work," and possibly earn a small prize.

I am excited because I made awesome chili, so I think I'll be a contender. I am also excited because I love chili, and though mine is pretty bad-donkey, I get to sample the chilings of my compatriots. RAD.

All hail Thursdays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug! I heart my Thursdays! For Halloween, who is going to bring the Pepcid?