Twitter Updates

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Prove your passion. Shut up and live.

"Prove your passion. Shut up and live." My friend Lindsay left this as part of a comment to a post I wrote nearly a year ago. Though many things have changed in my life: personal, professional, and church-wise in the last year, this simple statement still rocks me.

Prove your passion. Shut up and live.

Who cares how many people KNOW of your faith? Who cares how many people HEAR me say every week at church how much I love Jesus? Are they seeing Jesus in me, by the way I live, by the way I act, by the way I react, by all my actions, day in and day out?

Probably not. Sometimes, sure. Most times, negative. What a mixed signal we tend to send out. We (read: I) tend to show a little glimpse of what Jesus has done for me, then dive right back into the cesspool of the world. They saw a little bit of Jesus, right? That should be good. Maybe I'll show a little more next week.

So to me I say: "Mike, prove your passion. Shut up and live." Not so easy when you're accountable is it? Nope. But it's eternally worth it.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Awww I wish I could take the credit for that one but I heard from a speaker that was at Lifechurch.Tv and it rocked my world too. I talk way to much so this statement told me to stop talking about it, prove it and then live it.


PS welcome back to the blog world.

The Sobie said...

I know you said you heard it from somewhere, but I heard it from you! I just need to think of more stuffs to blog about now. I like my new blog header picture. I designed it myself.