Twitter Updates

Monday, April 26, 2010

Thunderstorms. More than just awesome. They're a free car wash.

I was totally stoked as I ran from my office door through the pouring rain to my car this afternoon after work. It had been thunderstorming for about 20 minutes, and it had subsided just enough for me to make a 15-yard dash to my car and only get mildly drenched. As I was running to my car, I actually stopped for a moment in the pouring rain to look at my car and think, "SWEET! It's like all clean and shiny! Check THAT out! FREE CAR WASH! SCORE!"

Then I came back to and got in my car more wet than I needed to be.

It's not that big a deal, but I hate washing cars, and mine hasn't been washed since my last yearly washing probably last June. I also park my car in my garage, so it misses out on all the grime drenching rains. It was getting bad enough that I would wash off a door or my hood with a window squeegee at the gas station just to look like a normal person who washes his car more than once a year.

It was getting so bad coming out of winter and with all the pollen and dust that I was thinking about possibly caving and washing my car this weekend, but thanks to a killer thunderstorm during work hours, I probably just bought myself at least another month or two of wash-free driving.

Bought, for free that is.

You call it laziness, I call it waiting for nature to take care of a problem for me so I don't have to actually do anything myself to resolve it... Yep.

No comments: